wall painting

wall painting
my hallway

Wednesday, 8 September 2010

Map week

This week has been all about maps, (hence the title of the blog post)
Firstly, after about five years of inaction, I have finally taken the time to paint the "oceans" in the spare bedroom so that SJ can paint the nations on the giant atlas that is the spare bedroom. The Americas on floor and ceiling, Asia, Africa and Oceania on the walls and Europe the Roman Blind. Already the room looks better. Well any thing is better than a series of sponge marks and blotches.

The other maps are more traditional. I have been pouring over my OS "Land-ranger Maps". Firstly with a tiny wheel and then a piece of string measuring and marking the route for next years bike ride to Whitby. 445 Miles, seven days. Finding B&B's has been interesting. so many do not have their own website. I was amazed. I think that there is a great business opportunity there for phobs. Maybe we could start a second venture and she remains within the fold.

On the subject of websites, the Fabric8 site has been hacked and our database has been compromised. This could mean a complete restart for the site. Totally tedious in extremis.
On other work issues, August was poor and cash flow is tight once more. We just have to up the turn over! HOW? HOW? HOW? Epos to come. If that don't do the trick then its going to be time for some big changes!

Sex life... very quiet. SJ is starting to work on Adoption and I have gone off sex completely. I must spend some time indeed deciding if this is realy what I want. i am not convinced yet that it is, but I don't know what to do about it! Inspiration will come.

Exercise? Did the Colchester circuit and knocked 20 mins of my time!

This was to be a week of holiday relaxation but we cancelled. Instead it has become a strange hybrid week of half work and half rest. I am of for a jolly over the week end with Kimball et al. It should be a hoot. Then I drive drive drive. Lets get this year back on track.

On relationships. I inspired someone to improve their business. A guy came round on behalf of CORBA with regards to the Christmas windows. He is a barber, been in business for 20 years. He is suffering from the upsurge in barbershops... mainly from Turkey and eastern Europe and I showed him the reward card scheme and how it could work for him. He left full of the joys... I love that!

I gave Carly the benefit of my advise as far as her head (mind) is concerned and listened intently to Elaine and Janet at Felixstowe although I think that they both need to look at them selves.





Points

Work. 7
Rel 9
Sex 3
Cre 8
Fun 6

Total.. 33

No comments:

Post a Comment